Founding Director's vision
WHY 4A ARTS (4A American Alliance of Artists and Audiences)?
- Did you know nearly three-quarters of American adults attended an arts or cultural event in 2018 and nearly half were personally involved in art‐making activities, plus millions of American children participate in arts education?
- The arts and culture industry contributes more to the U.S. economy than agriculture or transportation.
- And yet we do not have a seat at the table – the cabinet table.
- “Cultural spending per capita in France is about 10 times that in the United States.”
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- 4A Arts has built a national web platform to showcase all disciplines of arts and culture across the country.
- Arts and cultural organizations, presenters, educators, advocates, service organizations, and individual artists can list programing on our website for free.
- Anyone can search 4AArts.org for free.
- Join 4A Arts and invite your friends for access to discounts, benefits, and programming alerts. For a limited time, we are offering a FREE year of membership.
- Use 4A Arts to find existing arts advocacy organizations in your community and across the country.
- Help us bring together our community, locally, regionally, and nationally.
- JOIN TODAY!
 Americans Speak Out About the Arts 2018, Americans for the Arts.
 Arts Assessment 2016, The National Report Card.
 Arts and Culture Continues to Grow in 2016, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis 2019, BEA19-08; Why the Arts are the Great Unappreciated Engine of the U.S. Economy, Benjamin Wolff, Forbes, March 19, 2019.
 Should American Theater Take French Lessons?, Jesse Green, The New York Times, March 17, 2021 (linking to Comparisons of Arts Funding in Selected Countries: Preliminary Findings, Canada Council for the Arts, October 2005).